Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/12/11 22:05:45 UTC

MileStone 1 Release of Geronimo 2.0 Branch Notice

All,

Being the overly optimistic one that I am I'd like to branch trunk
tomorrow in the afternoon.  The goal of the branch is to stabilize a
milestone release with the content previously discussed.

So far it looks like we have:

JSF,
Java Mail
Tomcat 6
Jetty 6
JSTL
Java 1.5 ready
and JPA

I think Kevan is working on the specs which need to be completed for
Geronimo 2.0 as well as 1.2.  OpenEJB will need to release as well so
I'm hoping to have an answer on the DayTrader issues tonight or
tomorrow.

I'm currently working through some issues with DayTrader on 1.2 which
also apply to Geronimo 2.0.  My thiking is that people will continue
to work on trunk (2.0) while the M1 release is cleaned and made
ready.  I'll do the packaging and people can happily continue to hack
away at trunk.

Any major items missing?

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: MileStone 1 Release of Geronimo 2.0 Branch Notice

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Hopefully it will be one cut, one vote, and Xmas vacation :)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Another Q.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 11, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> OpenEJB will need to release as well so I'm hoping to have an
> answer on the DayTrader issues tonight or tomorrow.

FYI, I have a similar thread on openejb-dev about releasing 2.2.
Make sure you read/reply if you have any open 2.2 issues.

-David