Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2013/11/05 12:02:49 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Stump The Chump @ Lucene Revolution EU - Tommorrow

(Note: cross posted announcement, please confine any replies to solr-user)

Hey folks,

On Wednesday, I'll be doing a "Stump The Chump" session at Lucene
Revolution EU in Dublin Ireland.

   http://lucenerevolution.org/stump-the-chump

If you aren't familiar with "Stump The Chump" it is a Q&A style session
where I (the Chump) get put on the hot seat to answer tough / interesting
/ unusual questions about Lucene & Solr -- live, on stage, in front of
hundreds of people who are laughing at me, with judges who have all seen
and thought about the questions in advance and get to mock me and make me
look bad.

It's really a lot of fun.

Even if you won't be at the conference, you can still participate by
emailing your challenging question to stump@lucenerevolution.org.
(Regardless of whether you already found a solution to a tough problem,
you can still submit it and see what kind of creative solution I might
come up with under pressure.)

Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judges, and video should
be posted online at some point soon after the con -- more details and
links to videos of past sessions are in my recent blog posts...

   http://searchhub.org/tag/chump/

-Hoss

Re: ANNOUNCE: Stump The Chump @ Lucene Revolution EU - Tommorrow

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It's great fun to watch Chris squirm in front of hundreds of people,
I highly recommend it!

Unfortunately, it's really hard to stump him entirely!

Erick