Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org> on 2014/08/25 21:07:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Roller 5.1 Released

Hi all, Apache Roller 5.1 is now available.  Our JIRA lists 113 closed
issues with this release
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310906&version=12317621),
perhaps about as many others were also fixed without a JIRA report to them.

It is primarily an internal architecture update, with seldom-used or
obsolete functionality and code pulled out of Roller to make the
application more streamlined and maintainable.  We also upgraded
virtually all of Roller's dependencies, either removing them or updating
them to the latest available.  We also upgraded and simplified the Maven
build process.  While providing the same basic functionality, Roller 5.1
is a considerably leaner application that builds in roughly a quarter of
the time than the 5.0.x series.

The themes in Roller-extras
(https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/roller-extras/wiki/Themes) that
you can add to your Roller installation have also been updated to Roller
5.1 compatibility.

The downloads are available here:
http://roller.apache.org/downloads/downloads.html, and instructions on
upgrading from earlier versions of Roller to the latest are in the
Roller Install Guide.  IMPORTANT: For those upgrading their Roller
instances, be sure to back up your current Roller database prior to
doing the upgrade in case you need to roll back to your original version
of Roller, as the Roller 5.1 upgrade process makes irreversible database
modifications as part of updating the database to the Roller 5.1 data model.

The Roller User's list remains available for any upgrade questions.

Regards,

Apache Roller Team