Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com> on 2009/11/20 20:00:57 UTC

Promotion - FREE Shipping on product/category

Hello Freinds,

Is it possible to create a promotion - "FREE SHIPPING" for certain
products/category ?

Please let me know the steps.

I really appreciate the help.

Thank you.
Su-

Re: Promotion - FREE Shipping on product/category

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
The reason I'd like a clear and simple document  introducing the *latest* best practices regarding OFBiz customisation is because I
believe the lack of this document is one of the reason we only slowly build a stronger user commity...
There have been some very good enhancements recently regarding this aspect (new ant tasks, Setup application, etc.) and I believe we
should create a document to clearly explain how to get benefits from them.
Who will take the time to begin this work is another question...

My 2 cts

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

From: "su2" <sh...@pexsupply.com>

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I did not mention that you should not customize ofbiz.

"In fact Ofbiz is designed to be customized"

My point is, There are ways that designers of system think are right when customizing. There is tons of information on this topic on this mailing list and on wiki. I suggest users of system should learn about best practices for building custom extensions to ofbiz before spending too much energy in customization.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/sponsors/sponsors

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

From: "su2" <sh...@pexsupply.com>

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "su2" <sh...@pexsupply.com>

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shuchi,

Certain Examples for Promotions are in
specialpurpose/ecommerce.DemoProduct.xml.
If you are not find your suit then create a promotion from UI for free
shipping and export it from webtools by selecting the following entities ;
- ProductPromo,
- ProductPromoRule,
- ProductPromoAction,
- ProductPromoCond,
- ProductPromoCategory,
- ProductPromoProduct, (May not be of your use)
- ProductPromoCode, and
- ProductStorePromoAppl.

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Thanks Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
> Yes, it is: select your product/category in condition and  in action  "shipping X% discount" vit X=100

Yes, it is: select your product/category in condition and  in action  "shipping X% discount" with X=100

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "su2" <sh...@pexsupply.com>