Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Eranda Sooriyabandara <07...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 18:32:40 UTC

Multi-tenant jdbc driver for Apache Derby: GSoC project idea

Hi Devs,
These days I work for a project which compare the different approaches of
the application level multi-tenant approaches. So I had this impression of
why we can't do this in the JDBC level so that anyone can use the advantages
of the multi-tenancy without much worrying of implementing the application
level multi-tenant approaches. So I like to work on implementing
multi-tenant JDBC driver for Apache Derby. Since this is a new concept and
may involve some research I may not able to complete this within the summer
but I like to do a fair amount of the work within the time and complete
after that.

Please may I know your precious ideas about this.
thanks
Eranda

Re: Multi-tenant jdbc driver for Apache Derby: GSoC project idea

Posted by Eranda Sooriyabandara <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lance,
Yes I would like to join in the JDBC EG. I thought firstly I should
fill the JSPA and I downloaded it, JSPA - October 2002. Is that the
correct one? Also how can I fill the part 15. Miscellaneous.

thanks
Eranda

Posted by Lance Andersen - Oracle <La...@oracle.com>.
Hi Rick,