Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Cyxo Pykob <cy...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/02/11 18:05:40 UTC

Guacamole SAML extension

I was looking for Guacamole SAML extension.
I saw a post by Colin McGuigan that he is already working on it.
Apache Guacamole - General/User Mailing List - Handling a SAML POST response

Apache Guacamole - General/User Mailing List - Handling a SAML POST resp...

Handling a SAML POST response. tldr: The SAML POST body is getting thrown away, and I don't know how to keep tha...

How far is it from completion?Does anyone work on OpenID Connect "authorization code" flow?
ThanksJames

Re: Guacamole SAML extension

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Cyxo Pykob <cy...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>  What IDE are you using?I am trying to build the project with IntelliJ
> IDEA (community edition). Maven goals.But I think integration testing would
> be better if you can publish and debug it on Tomcat.
> ThanksJames

vim :-).  I'm sure I'd benefit from using an IDE like Eclipse or something
like that, but I've just always coded with vi or vim.  vim has syntax
highlighting and manages tabs reasonably well.

After I'm done editing I use "mvn clean package" to build everything and
package it up.  Then I have some bash aliases defined to take the guacamole
WAR file and deploy it to Tomcat.  Extensions I deal with on a case-by-case
basis - I don't spend a lot of time worrying about automating that
deploying.  I suppose at some point I should try to set up Jenkins or
something like that locally, or even OpenShift, but, well, haven't quite
got to that point, yet.

-Nick

Re: Guacamole SAML extension

Posted by Cyxo Pykob <cy...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

    On ‎Sunday‎, ‎February‎ ‎11‎, ‎2018‎ ‎03‎:‎31‎:‎21‎ ‎PM, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Cyxo Pykob <cy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Nick,
>
> I will try to work on it too. I am new to OAuth and SAML. Not sure about
> success of the outcome, but I want to try.

I am new to both of those flows, too, so I've been trying to have to learn
how those authentication mechanisms work at the same time I'm trying to
code this.

> Do you know if Mike Jumper plans to extend OIDC extension to support
> "Authentication (or Basic) Flow"?

I don't know - I haven't heard of it, and I believe Mike is working on some
other items right now, but he'd have to be the one to say.  If you want
support for that flow in the OpenID authentication extension I'd suggest
opening a new JIRA issue requesting it as a new feature.

-Nick

Re: Guacamole SAML extension

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Cyxo Pykob <cy...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I was looking for Guacamole SAML extension.
> I saw a post by Colin McGuigan that he is already working on it.
> Apache Guacamole - General/User Mailing List - Handling a SAML POST
> response

I had an e-mail exchange with Colin off-list, and asked him to contribute
the code for the SAML module.  He was willing to do this; unfortunately,
whomever commissioned him to write it and paid for the work was not willing
to contribute it back, so there is currently no publicly-available SAML
extension for Guacamole.

I'm working on writing a SAML extension as I have time - unfortunately it's
take a little work to nail down a SAML client implementation that's easy
enough to use and then work through some of those bugs, plus figure out the
callback (HTTP POST), so it's not quite done, yet.  If I had to venture a
guess I'd say it'll be a few more weeks before I have anything ready for
review, let alone merged into the code.

-Nick