Posted to users@maven.apache.org by spiketide <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/21 13:00:53 UTC

Get list of filenames from a textfile within build and copy them into a folder after compile goal

I have a text file containing a list of filenames in my build. When building
with maven, after the compile goal, I need to create a folder and copy the
files mentioned in the text file (along with the folder structure in their
respective projects) to a new folder within the build. This folder will then
be used by an assembly descriptor to create a distributable tar file.I am
not much familiar with maven. Is there any feature in maven that I can use
to accomplish this? Or should I create some script that will be called by
maven as a part of one of it's goals to copy the files?

Re: Get list of filenames from a textfile within build and copy them into a folder after compile goal

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> not much familiar with maven. Is there any feature in maven that I can use
> to accomplish this? Or should I create some script that will be called by
> maven as a part of one of it's goals to copy the files?

This is non-standard behavior and you will likely need to just write
your own Maven plugin to accomplish this task/goal. Or as Ron stated,
adjust your process to incorporate some standard Maven plugins and
adopt their configuration rather than your "read a text file etc"
process.

Wayne

Re: Get list of filenames from a textfile within build and copy them into a folder after compile goal

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Is that not what the assembly or shade plug-in does?

Ron
On 21/12/2012 7:00 AM, spiketide wrote:
> I have a text file containing a list of filenames in my build. When building
> with maven, after the compile goal, I need to create a folder and copy the
> files mentioned in the text file (along with the folder structure in their
> respective projects) to a new folder within the build. This folder will then
> be used by an assembly descriptor to create a distributable tar file.I am
> not much familiar with maven. Is there any feature in maven that I can use
> to accomplish this? Or should I create some script that will be called by
> maven as a part of one of it's goals to copy the files?

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com