Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/03/25 17:17:50 UTC

page-position="last"

I've made some further tests with page-position="last" and stumbled over
the following:

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="all">
    <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="any" master-reference="any-page"/>
    <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last" master-reference="last-page"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

This will currently never trigger the last page because the conditionals
are checked from top to bottom choosing the first match. I think this is
also defined like this by the spec. See 6.4.10 in XSL 1.0.

If you put the element with page-position="last" before the one with
"any", the last page is properly selected.

IMO, this is all fine considering the spec, but possibly unexpected from
a user's POV. I'm also comfortable with this, provided this is "correct
behaviour". Does anyone think I got this wrong or is there still
something we should do about this?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: page-position="last"

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I've made some further tests with page-position="last" and stumbled over
> the following:
>
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="all">
>   <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
>     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="any" master-reference="any-page"/>
>     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last" master-reference="last-page"/>
>   </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
> </fo:page-sequence-master>
>
> This will currently never trigger the last page because the conditionals
> are checked from top to bottom choosing the first match. I think this is
> also defined like this by the spec. See 6.4.10 in XSL 1.0.
>
> If you put the element with page-position="last" before the one with
> "any", the last page is properly selected.

This is the correct behaviour. Well done and thanks for getting
page-position="last" working!

Chris