Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Wille <mw...@donerus.com> on 2006/01/13 16:12:26 UTC

Mapping under Windows XP and OS X

Howdy,

I'm working on integrating slide within an existing application.  I'm using the same context for the application and with slide.  I'm having troubles mapping a drive under XP *and* OS X.

Some background:

My context path is "/app".  In production we have both Apache and Tomcat on separate servers.  Apache is serving up static files from /images, /js, /css, etc.  Apache has a mapped JkMount of /app/*.  My URL to access the webdav share is: http://domain/app/webdav.  I can browse the webdav filesystem through a browser without a problem.  When I map a drive in XP, it returns with the message: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid..."  OS X returns something along the same lines.

I read through several discussions on the mailing list.  One of those is the discussion found when searching for "Windows XP Mapping."  It was stated that the root dir needs to be webdav enabled for drive mapping.  I won't state my thoughts on how frustrating I think that is.  :)

How do you get around it if you can't have the application context mapped to the root?  Is there anyone else out there that has gone through this situation?

TIA!

-Mike