Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chip Ueltschey <Ch...@Phoenix.com> on 2008/03/06 02:46:04 UTC

svnsync

Hi,

My company (Phoenix Technologies Ltd.) has recently moved to subversion
(from PVCS) and is setting up multiple mirrors.
The way that we manage components would lend itself to using the
svn:externals property to relate components together four particular
targets.
The absolute paths required in svn properties will still point back at
the source repository when they are forwarded to the mirror repository.

What would be involved in adding a switch to the svnsync command to do
text substitution in the svn:externals properties.
This would allow use to swap server names during the synchronization,
since we already know the source and destination server name.

Thanks,

-chip

Chip Ueltschey,     Software Architect

+1-503-614-5182     Internal: (803) 5182

1915 AmberGlen Pkwy Beaverton,  OR 97006

Re: svnsync

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 5, 2008, at 20:46, Chip Ueltschey wrote:

> My company (Phoenix Technologies Ltd.) has recently moved to
> subversion (from PVCS) and is setting up multiple mirrors.
> The way that we manage components would lend itself to using the
> svn:externals property to relate components together four
> particular targets.
> The absolute paths required in svn properties will still point back
> at the source repository when they are forwarded to the mirror
> repository.
>
> What would be involved in adding a switch to the svnsync command to
> do text substitution in the svn:externals properties.
> This would allow use to swap server names during the
> synchronization, since we already know the source and destination
> server name.

To answer your concern a bit differently: Subversion 1.5 will support
various types of relative externals definitions so that you don't
need to put the server name in there.