Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Federico Paparoni <fe...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 19:15:46 UTC

GSoC report

*
Hi all,

the report of GSoC project

Progress*: There are some functionalities that I finally completed.

   - PDF export of the article (using the PDF icon in the articles list)
   - PDF export of the whole repository (using the link 'Export list' link
   in the articles list)
   - Tags saved as multi value property
   - Tags saved in a redundant structure as described here
   http://davidgsoc.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/tag-jcr-structure.png
   - Tag cloud in the home of application, using the WP-Cumulus SWF (
   http://www.roytanck.com/2008/03/06/wordpress-plugin-wp-cumulus-flash-based-tag-cloud/).
   The tag cloud is updated in a short time when I submit the article, so I
   think the redudant structure is useful
   - Tag cloud navigation. When you click on a tag you'll see a list of
   articles that use this tag (a simple ESP script)

I put some screenshot of this progress in the next blog entry
http://davidgsoc.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/last-progress/

*Problems*: I had some problems with the search. I would like to create a
search string LIKE %WORD% but I don't know how to do. And now that I
finished the tag functionality I want also to search by tag. For the moment
this point is an "open development".

*Perspectives*: I would like to end the search functionality and then
starting a refactoring of code (different bundle for example as Bertrand
suggested). Another important task, I think, is to create documentation of
what I use from Sling and how.

As always, comments/doubts are welcome.

Bye

--
Federico

Re: GSoC report

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Federico,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Federico Paparoni
<fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Progress*: There are some functionalities that I finally completed....

Thanks for this, I'll review in a separate message.

> ...*Problems*: I had some problems with the search...

> ...*Perspectives*: I would like to end the search functionality and then
> starting a refactoring of code (different bundle for example as Bertrand
> suggested). Another important task, I think, is to create documentation of
> what I use from Sling and how....

Ok, I agree with this overall plan, will comment on the details in my
review email.

Thanks for your work,
-Bertrand