Posted to builds@apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com> on 2011/12/19 07:53:55 UTC

openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Hi, given ubuntu's move towards removing the sun jdks from their repo
we'd like to focus more on openjdk support in ZooKeeper. Correct me if
I'm wrong but afaict there is no support currently for open jdk 6/7 on
the jenkins ci boxes (I don't see it in the combo box). Would it be
possible to add these on the CI hosts?

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> [...]

I can wait. Thanks.

Patrick

RE: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Update:

ubuntu3 ubuntu4 and ubuntu5 all are on 12.04.1 LTS now and all have
openjdk-6-jdk and openjdk-7-jdk in /usr/lib/jvm.

Vesta  = ubuntu2 I am leaving at 10.04 LTS for now for those projects that
Want to be able to continue with it.
(so NO openjdk7 but YES to openjdk6)

Minerva = ubuntu1 I have upgraded to 12.04.1 but is in a broken state in
Regards the apt repository , I can't update or install anything currently.
If someone wants to take a look at fixing that let me know and I'll get
Them an acct on that box. (It still performs builds ok currently)

Patrick, your problem should be resolved now yes?

Thanks

Gav...

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
I was able to add builds using the new jdks. Thanks much!

Patrick

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> I'll let niklas or olamy decide if they should be aconfigured as jdk
> dropdown options.

Added now.

/niklas

RE: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

RE: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: openjdk on jenkins boxes?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
"apt-get install openjdk" will get JDK 6. I'm not sure if there is backport (or even recent release) that includes JDK 7 yet.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org