Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by pi song <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/30 17:10:16 UTC

OLAP ?

Has anyone ever looked at OLAP Cube processing on Pig or MapReduce?  This
feature should be beneficial for normal businesses (probably not web
scale).  I find it pretty simple provided that we can work on relational
abstraction (but might not scale well on really big datasets). I have done a
sketch on how I think it should look like here
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigOLAPSketch . Welcome for all
comments/suggestions.

Pi

Re: OLAP ?

Posted by pi song <pi...@gmail.com>.
We will run a combiner in map phase soon right? Potentially I can just take
advantage of that.

RE: OLAP ?

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Pi,