Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Imhof <mi...@nowhow.ch> on 2007/04/20 16:05:41 UTC

missing path for file form field

I'm using a form with a file input field:

        <field name="filename" title="Choose a file">
            <file></file>
        </field>
On submit I call a service wich uses the field <filename>. But instead of
having the whole
path string (The input field is filled with: "/home/mike/test.dat") I only
get the naked filename ("test.dat").

Is this a bug? How can I get the full string??

Regards,
Michael

Re: missing path for file form field

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael,

I finally played with it this morning.

To me it seems like a bug, or at least an undocumented feature. I tried
to use the sub-hyperlink tag to override the default target-type. But in
this tag the tag target is mandatory. I tried to put a empty string in
it without any result. Though (afterthougt), I did not try to put
${file_field_name} in it.

So if you get no answer from this ML, please feel free to open a Jira
issue. I will then have a deeper look.

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.