Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/19 07:34:03 UTC

ActiveMQ Message sending

Hi,

I have gone through
http://activemq.apache.org/how-lightweight-is-sending-a-message.html

which says that "If you are in a JMS transaction, are using non-durable
messaging then its fairly lightweight and fast - typically just blocking
until the message has got onto the socket buffer."

What is the difference between sending a *non-durable message on a topic*
(no durable subscription) *with or without AsyncSend flag. *

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ Message sending

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.
In addition to this question.

When I looked into the source code of ActiveMQ, I found that all
Asynchronous and Synchronous send is implemented in
"ActiveMQMessageProducer.java" and "ActiveMQSession" class.

In My case I am not extending or using any of these classes. I am creating
connections using ActiveMQ connection factory but after that I am using
MessageProducer only instead of using ActiveMQMessageProducer(however it is
also internally extending MessageProducer) only.

"*AsyncSend*" flag settings in ActiveMQConnectionFactory will be respect if
I use *MessageProducer.send()* call or *JMSTemplate.send()* calls.

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.
Please respond.

Re: ActiveMQ Message sending

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.
Did anyone get a chance to look at this ?