Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by David Pocivalnik <Da...@corvitro.com> on 2012/04/03 16:11:19 UTC

Connect to HBase out of spring-osgi environment

Hy,

I was searching the web alot, but could not find any hints on how to connect to HBase out of spring/osgi environment. I was trying to osgi-fy both hbase and hadoop jars (as both are needed) but the bundles are simply not starting (bundles created with maven-bundle-plugin); and says: missing import-package somepackage, but the thing here is, that I tried declaring it explicitly in my pom, and I also tried just the "*", nothing worked.

Is there an official OSGi bundle for hbase?
Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Re: Connect to HBase out of spring-osgi environment

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Can you check is Spring-Data has support for HBase?
http://www.springsource.com/spring-data

On 04/03/2012 10:11 AM, David Pocivalnik wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I was searching the web alot, but could not find any hints on how to connect to HBase out of spring/osgi environment. I was trying to osgi-fy both hbase and hadoop jars (as both are needed) but the bundles are simply not starting (bundles created with maven-bundle-plugin); and says: missing import-package somepackage, but the thing here is, that I tried declaring it explicitly in my pom, and I also tried just the "*", nothing worked.
>
> Is there an official OSGi bundle for hbase?
> Any ideas how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks

> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186)