Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/25 01:55:35 UTC

[users@httpd] umask settings on apache server

Hi,

I am using apache to access SVN with a post-commit script.
It uses a log file for 'trac.log'.  I have set it to 777 but after one
user commits (create the trac.log file), and another user commits. I
get permission error.

Some one on the Trac user group suggest i should check the umask setting.
Can you please tell me how to set the trac.log file umask setting so
that this problem won't happen?

Thank you.

The umask for the user that run the commit hook might be defined to a
"too secure" value. The script is run by SVN, which is usually run by
Apache. Check the umask settings on your server (and maybe SElinux if
it is enabled)

HTH,
Manu