Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Weike Dong <ky...@connect.hku.hk> on 2020/03/04 10:23:34 UTC

Question on the Kafka connector parameter "connector.properties.zookeeper.connect"

Hi,

Recently I have found that in the Flink Kafka Connector, the parameter
"connector.properties.zookeeper.connect" is made mandatory for users.
Therefore without it, Flink would throw an exception saying "Caused by:
org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException: Could not find required
property 'connector.properties.zookeeper.connect'".

However, as far as I know, for Kafka versions that are currently supported
by the universal connector, this setting is not mandatory anymore. Here I
would like know if this parameter could be changed to optional, and what are
the negative impacts if doing so?

Thanks : )

Sincerely,

Weike

Re: Question on the Kafka connector parameter "connector.properties.zookeeper.connect"

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Weike,

You are right. It is not needed since Kafka 0.9+. We already have an issue
to make it optional.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-16125. We are planning to
fix it in 1.10.1 too.

Best,