Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org> on 2005/05/25 15:30:05 UTC

Publishing the portals website

I made some changes to the site sources.  I ran maven locally to review them.

How do I get the changes to appear on the website?

There are other changes besides mine that have not been published.  For example, the mailing list subscribe links still point to jakarta.apache.org, but in the source they point to portals.apache.org.

Thanks.

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research

Re: Publishing the portals website

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Julie MacNaught wrote:
> I think I figured it out and if it works I'll document it formally.
>
> On people.apache.org there is a directory /www/portals.apache.org that contains the site.  There is a readme in /www that says this directory will get replicated every 4 hours to the live site.
>
> So I'm going to FTP the new files to the /www/portals.apache.org directory.

I'm not sure what the current procedure really is, but the last time I
updated the site, I used Maven to publish the site to
/www/portals.apache.org. You can use the site:deploy goal with
appropriate properties set in your local settings.

BTW, thanks for fixing my surname!!

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/