Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jithin Emmanuel <ji...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/21 20:30:27 UTC

Implementing a custom ResourceLoader

Hi,
As part of writing a solr plugin I need to override the ResourceLoader. My
plugin is intended stop word analyzer filter factory and I need to change
the way stop words are being fetched. My assumption is overriding
ResourceLoader->getLines() will help me to meet my target of fetching stop
word data from an external webservice.
Is thisi feasible? Or should I go about overriding
Factory->inform(ResourceLoader) method. Kindly let me know how to achieve
this.

-- Thanks
Jithin

Re: Implementing a custom ResourceLoader

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: As part of writing a solr plugin I need to override the ResourceLoader. My
: plugin is intended stop word analyzer filter factory and I need to change
: the way stop words are being fetched. My assumption is overriding
: ResourceLoader->getLines() will help me to meet my target of fetching stop
: word data from an external webservice.
: Is thisi feasible? Or should I go about overriding
: Factory->inform(ResourceLoader) method. Kindly let me know how to achieve
: this.

I would not approach your problem by trying to customize hte
ResourceLoader ... if your goal is to get the list of words from some
location other then a file, owuld just make your TokenFilterFactory read
the stopwords from wherever you wan to read them.

ResourceLoader.getLines() is just a convinience method for dealing with
the local paths and classpaths and stripping out comment lines -- trying
to subclasses ResourceLoader when you don't need 90% of that functionality
is a bad idea.

-Hoss