Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/16 10:46:39 UTC

More promotion & effect

Hi All,

As tweets about the presentations at the ApacheCon EU 2014 regarding our
project are appearing it would be good to see if these sort any effect. I
noticed that we have tracking functionality in our website (script src="
http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js
<view-source:http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>",etc).

Can we see whether the promotion has a positive effect on our site visits?
And also see whether we have an increase in subscriptions to our mailing
lists compared to periods (a few months) before the promotion started?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: More promotion & effect

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 16/10/14 10:46, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> As tweets about the presentations at the ApacheCon EU 2014 regarding our
> project are appearing it would be good to see if these sort any effect. I
> noticed that we have tracking functionality in our website (script src="
> http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js
> <view-source:http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>",etc).
I can give you access to google-analytics.

> Can we see whether the promotion has a positive effect on our site visits?
> And also see whether we have an increase in subscriptions to our mailing
> lists compared to periods (a few months) before the promotion started?

I usually track the users/dev mailing list subscription every 3 months.
Last time I did it was in May 2014 :
dev   : 178
users : 279
api   :  65

As of today, here are the numbers :
dev   : 174 (-4)
users : 294 (+15)
api   :  68 (+3)

I would suspect more publicity can't harm, and the increase of user's
mailing list subscription is significant (+5%).

I also see some new subscription on the ApacheDS twitter account.

Keep on the good work !