Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Balakrishnan, Pradeep" <Pr...@Xiotech.com> on 2004/12/09 22:26:16 UTC

RE: URL not available

Hi,

I have the following environment:

RH Enterprise Linux WS 3.0
Apache 2.0.48
Xerces 2_2_0
Axis 1_4 alpha
OpenSSL

Got everything built, however when I go to the browser and see if my
axis setup is correct, by typing http://localhost/axis, I get an error
"URL not available" and http://localhost/axis/base displays a page with
a lot of edit boxes.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,
Pradeep

---

Pradeep Balakrishnan
Software Architect

Email: Pradeep_Balakrishnan@Xiotech.com
Office: 408 962 4672
Fax: 408 746 2079

Xiotech Corporation
2900 Gordon Ave.
Suite 200
Santa Clara, CA 95051

www.xiotech.com : www.xiotech.com/demo : Toll-Free 866 472 6764

Re: URL not available

Posted by Jean ANDRE <ja...@cmtek.com>.
Hello vijay ponnavolu,

1)  Be sure to update the hhtp config file for Apache. Load the correct
DLL. Restart your server after updating the config file from apache. As
I've IIS webserver, I'm listenning on another port.

# This is the fragment file to include into the httpd.conf file from
# Apache server to be able to run axis when the default port 80 is
# not available for Apache server. Adapt path(s) as your needs.

Listen 127.0.0.1:7001

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:7001>
    ServerAdmin jandre@
    DocumentRoot D:/programs/apache/httpd/Apache2/
    ServerName 127.0.0.1
    ErrorLog D:/programs/apache/httpd/Apache2/Axis/log/http-error_log.txt
    CustomLog
D:/programs/apache/httpd/Apache2/Axis/log/http-access_log.txt common
</VirtualHost>

# Load axis module. For more information about how to configure and use
# Axis under Apache server,please refer to the documentation
# http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/documentation.html
LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll
<Location /axis >
SetHandler axis
</Location>

2) Be sure that the Apache Server have :
   2.1) the folder Axis as describe in Axis documentation
    E.g.: D:\programs\apache\httpd\Apache2\Axis
            in lib folder you should have those file
           AxisClient.dll
           AxisServer.dll
           AxisTransport.dll
           AxisXMLParser.dll
           README
           xerces-c_2_2_0.dll

  2.2) the xerces XML parser or the other one
          xerces-c_2_2_0.dll

   2.3) The classpath set.
CLASSPATH at least, set your path as you need
echo Initialize Axis environment...
set AXISCPP_HOME=D:\programs\apache\axis
set AXISCPP_LIB=%AXISCPP_HOME%\lib\axisjava
set AXISCPP_DEPLOY=D:\programs\apache\httpd\Apache2\Axis

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\axis.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\wsdl4j.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\commons-discovery.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\commons-logging.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\log4j-1.2.8.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\jaxrpc.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXISCPP_LIB%\saaj.jar
set CLASSPATH=%AXISCPP_HOME%\lib\axis\wsdl2ws.jar;%CLASSPATH%
echo .
echo Axis environment initialized!

Please, verify those points....

A+ and take care