Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com> on 2007/03/16 15:26:41 UTC

Connection reset / aborted

I recently got this error message:

  Apache2::RequestIO::print: (104) Connection reset by peer at .........

from the code:
  $r->print($data);

I understand why, but it raised two questions:
1) What is the difference between connection reset and connection
   aborted
2) What return code should I send Apache2::Const::OK? or what

thanks

Clint

Re: Connection reset / aborted

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 3/16/07, Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com> wrote:
> 1) What is the difference between connection reset and connection
>    aborted

I don't think there's a meaningful difference in this context.

> 2) What return code should I send Apache2::Const::OK? or what

That's fine.  If you want to log an error, you can return
SERVER_ERROR.  OK seems more correct, since there wasn't really any
error on your end.

- Perrin