Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kd...@kcp.com on 2004/08/31 18:23:10 UTC

Using DatePicker in my own component

I added the DatePicker to a component I am building. It displays on the
screen correctly (the text field and the graphic) but which I click the
graphic button IE gives a javascript error (Firefox gives no error at all,
but, does nothing when I click the graphic button):

   Error: 'calendar_datePicker' is null or not an object

The name of my DatePicker component is datePicker.

Any idea what is going on here? My component is a pretty simple
html/jwc/java component. The html is comprised of just the datepicker and
two propertyselection controls.

It appears the javascript for the date picker is not being included in the
page, I think.

Thanks for any help or guidance anybody can provide.

Kevin

--
Kevin C. Dorff
IT Systems Engineer, Staff

Re: Using DatePicker in my own component

Posted by kd...@kcp.com.
My bad -- it appears that when I had myws:DateTimePicker and my own
DateTimePicker the javascript stepped on each other or something... when I
switch to JUST using my component the calendar pops up fine.

Kevin

--
Kevin C. Dorff
IT Systems Engineer, Staff
National Nuclear Security Administrations Kirtland Operations
Operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, LLC
Phone: 505-844-3785
Fax: 505-844-3326
www.kcp.com

kdorff@kcp.com