Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Chris Pepper <pe...@mail.reppep.com> on 2000/12/02 21:31:28 UTC

httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod/core.html

	The max-requests parameter to KeepAlive in core.html is confusing me.

><P><STRONG>Apache 1.1</STRONG>: Set <EM>max-requests</EM>
>to the maximum number of requests you want Apache to entertain per
>request. A limit is imposed to prevent a client from hogging your
>server resources. Set this to <CODE>0</CODE> to disable support.

	"number of requests ... per request." is unclear -- does
anyone here have a clarification? Is it URL requests per Keep-Alive
request, or something else?

	Also, is this max-requests parameter equivalent to
MaxKeepAliveRequests? Does this value default to unlimited?

						Thanks,

						Chris Pepper

--
Chris Pepper     | Shooting Gallery Interactive | 212 905-2200
Mac OS X Software:   <http://www.mosxsw.com/>

Re: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod/core.html

Posted by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>.
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Chris Pepper wrote:

> 	The max-requests parameter to KeepAlive in core.html is confusing me.
>
> ><P><STRONG>Apache 1.1</STRONG>: Set <EM>max-requests</EM>
> >to the maximum number of requests you want Apache to entertain per
> >request. A limit is imposed to prevent a client from hogging your
> >server resources. Set this to <CODE>0</CODE> to disable support.
>
> 	"number of requests ... per request." is unclear -- does
> anyone here have a clarification? Is it URL requests per Keep-Alive
> request, or something else?

Should be "numer of requests ... per connection."

> 	Also, is this max-requests parameter equivalent to
> MaxKeepAliveRequests? Does this value default to unlimited?

Yes.  It defaults to 5 in Apache 1.1 which use
KeepAlive 5
and it defaults to 100 in 1.2+ which use
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

Joshua.