Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> on 2012/03/08 18:20:58 UTC

[REPORT] Thrift

Thrift is a framework for providing cross-platform RPC and serialization.

Project Status
--------------

This is a status report on the Apache Thrift website as requested by Greg
Stein on Sunday, March 4, 2012. The Apache Thrift website has been
minimally maintained since the projects initial incubation and is currently
in the process of a new reworking. We are investigating different build
mechanisms which will allow for us to use markdown as the primary site
language to facilitate easier community contributions as well as a new site
structure. We are also looking at possibly moving our tutorials and how-to
guides from the Apache provided wiki and integrate them directly into the
Apache Thrift site.

The following is our progress in updating the content on the new Apache
Thrift website to meet the requirements in the Branding Report Checklist:

Project Website Basics
       - Complete

Project Naming And Descriptions
       - In progress: updating all references throughout the site to comply
with the ASF standard, "Apache Thrift"

Website Navigation Links
       - In progress: adding appropriate links

Trademark Attributions
       - Complete. added to new footer

Logos And Graphics
       - Complete. currently no logo or graphics.

Project Metadata
       - complete.

Community
---------
Roger Meier was voted into the Apache Thrift PMC.

Community activity is very strong. We are seeing a growth around new client
libraries and new users submitting tickets along with patches for issues.

Releases
--------
11.29.2011 release version 0.8.0. Starting organization for our next major
release, 0.9.0.