Posted to general@attic.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/01 09:06:30 UTC

Re: Removal of LDAP groups for retired PMCs (and podlings)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 18:43, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:

> I’m not sure how you read “policy” out of my statement that we don’t typically remove these groups, especially since I did remove the groups.

Perhaps policy was too strong a word; I understood the comment to mean
that normal Infra practise is to not remove the groups, and that
removal of Oltu was an exception.
I'm glad I misunderstood.

> Removing the groups is actually part of the documented decom process, but it often gets overlooked, and really doesn’t cause any issues one way or the other, so it’s highly likely that there are some other obsolete groups out there as well. Unless someone comes and asks about them, they’ll stay out there forever if Infra forgets to remove them during a project retirement. Please feel free to submit a ticket if there are other groups which need to be removed.

OK, will do.
There are some retired podlings which still have groups.