Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Scott Heaberlin <he...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/10 07:16:17 UTC

[DBCP] - JOCL in 1.2.1

Greetings,

I recently updated to dbcp 1.2.1.  I am experiencing the following,
with JOCL files that had been working with a past version of dbcp
(sorry, I don't recall the exact version... but my jocl files are
basically copies of those available via the examples dir in CVS, with
the driver and url values changed):

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not parse configuration file
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.getConnectionPool(PoolingDriver.java:114)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:170)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)

Oh a hunch, I  copied *both* .jocl files in
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/doc/
and both of them cause the above error when i copy the contents into
my jocl file.  So does testpool.jocl
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/src/test/)
AS-IS - with zero modifications.

I verified that my application is using
jdbc:apache:commons:dbcp:/mydbcp
as my url (and mydbcp.jocl exists in the root of a folder in my classpath).

Am I missing something here?

Any suggestions?.  My first couple of Google and mailing-list searches
turned up nothing.
--

-Scott

Scott Heaberlin

Re: [DBCP] - JOCL in 1.2.1

Posted by Scott Heaberlin <he...@gmail.com>.
Odd.  When I encountered the  'System property org.xml.sax.driver not
specified' in the past, I could have sworn it was included in the
exception message thrown as a SQLNestedException.   Now that I re-read
my stack traces, I see about three "Caused by:" new stack traces of
the root cause throwables.   My old friend the 'org.xml.sax.driver not
specified' message is indeed there.  Why I didnt see this in the other
dozen times I read this stack trace can probably be attributed to me
trying to work in the wee hours of the morning - not a good idea.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help!

--

-Scott

Scott Heaberlin
http://www.heabdogg.com

Re: [DBCP] - JOCL in 1.2.1

Posted by Scott Heaberlin <he...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late reply... mistakenly filtered out of my google mail
inbox.  I will provide the exact stack trace later today.  I don't
believe it had a sax exception, as I have seen the 'sax driver not
present' error in the past using JOCL and know how to fix it with -D
vm options.

Thanks for your reply, and I'll post the whole stack trace when I can.

-Scott

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:53:46 +0200, Dirk Verbeeck
<di...@pandora.be> wrote:
> This exception should have an SAXException as its cause.
> Can you look a little further and send us the cause exception (or the
> full stacktrace)?
>
> -- Dirk
>

> Scott Heaberlin wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I recently updated to dbcp 1.2.1.  I am experiencing the following,
> > with JOCL files that had been working with a past version of dbcp
> > (sorry, I don't recall the exact version... but my jocl files are
> > basically copies of those available via the examples dir in CVS, with
> > the driver and url values changed):
> >
> > org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not parse configuration file
> >         at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.getConnectionPool(PoolingDriver.java:114)
> >         at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:170)
> >         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
> >         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
> >

> > Oh a hunch, I  copied *both* .jocl files in
> > http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/doc/
> > and both of them cause the above error when i copy the contents into
> > my jocl file.  So does testpool.jocl
> > (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/src/test/)
> > AS-IS - with zero modifications.
> >
> > I verified that my application is using
> > jdbc:apache:commons:dbcp:/mydbcp
> > as my url (and mydbcp.jocl exists in the root of a folder in my classpath).
> >
> > Am I missing something here?
> >
> > Any suggestions?.  My first couple of Google and mailing-list searches
> > turned up nothing.

-Scott

Scott Heaberlin
http://www.heabdogg.com