Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jeff Clay <Je...@infotech-enterprises.com> on 2012/11/09 19:47:14 UTC

asterisk integration centos 6.3

Where can I find documentation concerning the details of how OpenMeetings interacts with Asterisk for audio and setting up meetme conferences? If there isn't any documentation, would somebody mind providing some details that they've learned? We have our own custom asterisk deployment that I have designed myself, and would like to know more about the backend of how openmeetings is wanting to integrate. I am installing and running this with CentOS 6.3 and our asterisk deployment is also running on CentOS 6.3 and compiled from source. The references to asterisk-mysql_1.6.2.0-1 aren't applicable to our distro or configuration, and that's also an extremely outdated version of asterisk. Thanks for the help and advice.

Regards,

Jeff Clay
Network Administrator
Infotech Enterprises America

________________________________

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech and delete the original message.

RE: asterisk integration centos 6.3

Posted by Jeff Clay <Je...@infotech-enterprises.com>.
After digging into this yesterday, I believe that red5sip is supposed to be used to mix the audio from the web devices and the asterisk meetme conference. I have it configured almost to suite our needs with a few exceptions.

1.       Is there a variable or something to call that would represent the meeting extension room that OM creates? I’m wanting to include the call-in information within the calendar invites as well as within the event details box within the meeting.

2.       If a person only dials in through the audio via asterisk, is there a way to post some type of user presence (like “Guest 1” or something) within the OM conference?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax