Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Werner Schalk <we...@gmx.de> on 2003/12/04 20:49:10 UTC

[users@httpd] AllowEncodedSlashes directive

Hi,

what is the use of the AllowEncodedSlashes directives?
I mean I did not get the point yet what is it used for and
why was it intoduced?

Bye and thanks,
Werner.

Re: [users@httpd] AllowEncodedSlashes directive

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Werner Schalk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is the use of the AllowEncodedSlashes directives?
> I mean I did not get the point yet what is it used for and
> why was it intoduced?

By default, apache will reject any request that has %2f in it to protect
programs that may decode it and do something dangerous with it.  If you
want to be able to use %2f in URLs, you need to change that behavior.

Joshua.