Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Chance, Sam USA" <sg...@nps.navy.mil> on 2003/02/23 04:36:21 UTC

HOW DO I BUILD THE WAR FILE?

I'm sorry, but I'm a newbie...Can someone please tell me how to build
Cocoon2.1 to include the war file? ...please?

Re: JMX for Cocoon. Anyone interested?

Posted by Andy Lewis <aj...@ascii27.net>.
I can see a lot of uses for this....

--
"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."

JMX for Cocoon. Anyone interested?

Re: HOW DO I BUILD THE WAR FILE?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Chance, Sam USA wrote:
> I’m sorry, but I’m a newbie…Can someone please tell me how to build
> Cocoon2.1 to include the war file? …please?

type "build war" in your shell.

Easy enough? :)

[no need to scream, though]

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

RE: HOW DO I BUILD THE WAR FILE?

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.

Amélie, unfortunately, I was wrong... as Stefano pointed out in the cocoon-dev list, the build system of 2.1 has been completely
re-done this week.

Hence, if you use the latest CVS, you should read the build.xml and go figure, since there still a few problems and no doc (no
wonder, being the CVS, by its very definition, a work in progress).

OTOH, if you happen to use the "old" build system of 2.1, my (and your) suggestion makes sense.

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

Re: HOW DO I BUILD THE WAR FILE?

Posted by Amélie Cordier <ac...@insa-rouen.fr>.
> I'm sorry, but I'm a newbie...Can someone please tell me how to build
> Cocoon2.1 to include the war file? ...please?

Hello,

Luca is right, you should do what he said...

You should also check this address :

 ---
|http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html
 ---

You will certainly find help in it.

First, build the cocoon.war with this option :
./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

Then you have to copy this .war file (which is located in the build/cocoon
directory) and deploy him in your servlet engine.

The way to deploy cocoon depends on the servlet engine you use... so
follow the instructions on the cocoon web site.

Regards,

Amélie

RE: HOW DO I BUILD THE WAR FILE?

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.