Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by wcteskey <wc...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 22:31:17 UTC

Cannot get openejb to start

I even uninstalled and re-installed tomcat6.0.18 and made sure that I could
run the catalina.bat and
start and stop the server.  I followed the instructions on
http://openejb.apache.org/new-instructions.html
and when the javaagent tries to run (I assume that is what is happening
because if I eliminate the lines:

if not exist "%CATALINA_BASE%\lib\openejb-javaagent-3.0.jar" goto noOpenEJB
set JAVA_OPTS=-javaagent:%CATALINA_BASE%\lib\openejb-javaagent-3.0.jar
%JAVA_OPTS%
:noOpenEJB

then i get the NoClassFound for the EJBListener and when I eliminate from
server.xml:

<Listener className="org.apache.openejb.loader.OpenEJBListener" />

Everything works fine.

Here is the error:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0

Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\temp

Using JRE_HOME:        c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07

agent library failed to init: instrument
Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : C:\Program

AND when it works fine after commenting out the from server.xml and
catalina.bat then

Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07
OpenEJB init-params:
Apache OpenEJB 3.0    build: 20080408-04:13
http://openejb.apache.org/
context path = /openejb
context path = /Web
(org.apache.struts.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl).
context path = /docs
context path = /examples
context path = /host-manager
context path = /manager
context path =

William says what.......

Re: Cannot get openejb to start

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Sep 3, 2008, at 3:31 PM, wcteskey wrote:

> I even uninstalled and re-installed tomcat6.0.18 and made sure that
> I could
> run the catalina.bat and
> start and stop the server.  I followed the instructions on
> http://openejb.apache.org/new-instructions.html
> and when the javaagent tries to run (I assume that is what is
> happening
> because if I eliminate the lines:

Ug, I thought I deleted that page.  The correct directions are here http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html

That was a temporary page I used while writing the new directions.

-dain