Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frederick Aubert <fa...@net2000.ch> on 2002/06/01 12:05:22 UTC

Re: Mod JK & Directories

Hi,

> in server.xml create context named mywebapp
> <Context path="mywebapp" docBase="E:/mydirectory/mywebapp" debug="0"
> reloadable="true"/>

Thanks it worked fine. I am now one step further in my deployment.

But I am having one more problem. My webapp is quite complex and is using a
lot of Java beans and classes. It seems that whenever I access my webapp the
classes don't seem to load properly. I made sure that my classes were
compiled into webapp/WEB-INF/classes directory. But Tomcat is throwing
exceptions at me indicating it can't load the classes properly. Do I need to
specify somewhere were the classes are located? It seems that Tomcat is
looking for them in its base directory... While it should be looking for
them in webapp root directory (e:/mydirectory/webapp/web-inf/classes/webapp)

Here is the exception I get:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: unable to compile class for JSP
D:\Tomcat\work\standalone\localhost\webapp\public\public.jsp.
Package webapp not found in import webapp.*

Thanks, Frederick Aubert

Re: Mod JK & Directories

Posted by Phillip Morelock <su...@phillipmorelock.com>.
can you send us your @page declaration where you "import" your classes?

and show us the directory listing for WEB-INF/classes

fillup