Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 20:34:31 UTC

Medic development effort consolidation

Hey folks,

Adobe's device testing monolith, the Device Wall, has arrived from
Vancouver and we are setting up our continuous integration and testing
system in SF.

I think its time to formalize a plan for running CI testing nodes, and
aggregating the results.

Currently, I believe Adobe, Google, IBM, and BlackBerry are all running
instances of medic.

The first question to ask is what version should we concentrate on going
forward.

The Cordova Apache medic repo (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-medic.git) has gotten a
little stale, and hasn't seen active development in sometime

David Kemp has a CI framework as well. My understanding is that it is
partially based on Fil's medic, but is not a direct fork and hasn't been
developed with community input.
https://github.com/drkemp/bb-test

thoughts?

- Lorin

Re: Medic development effort consolidation

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
There's a same-sounding thread from earlier today: "Medic status and
plans". Should probably discuss there.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.