Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jessy Ping <te...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/24 15:46:33 UTC

Regarding Queryable state in Flink

Hi Team,

We are currently running our streaming application based Flink(Datastream
API ) on a non-prod cluster.And planning to move it to production cluster
soon.. We are keeping cerating keyed state backed by rocksdb in the flink
application. We need a mechanism to query these keyed state values for
debugging and troubleshooting. Is it a good idea to use Queryable state for
a single link-job running in application-mode on kubernetes for an average
load of 10k events/second ?.
Or is it a better idea to keep these state values in an external k,v store
?.

So in short --> Is the queryable state stable enough to use in production
systems ?

Thanks
Jessy

Re: Regarding Queryable state in Flink

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com>.
Hi Jessy,

Queryable State is considered approaching end of life [1] per the Flink
Roadmap.

There are currently no development activities planned for it.

Best regards,

Martijn

[1]
https://flink.apache.org/roadmap.html