Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/30 15:27:33 UTC

[Fortress] Release preparation

Hi guys,

I'm continuing my preliminary work on the Fortress release. There are a
few things I'd like to do :

1) first of all, as I did for core, I'd like to make all teh 4 projects
depending on the 'project' project we use at Apache Directory (this
special top level project gather all the maven plugins version).

2) each project should be able to be ran using mvn clean install, and
the test should work (or be ignored). This is ok for core, but for the
three others, we have the same pb that has been fixed for core :
typically, the config is not generated for the system we are running on.

3) once those issues are fixed, there is something that should be added
: a top level fortress project, which list the four modules, so that we
can build them all at the same time. This part is easy.

4) another thing that need to be done : we have to define a fifth module
(distribution) in charge of building the jars

Of course, we can also decide to keep each project as standalone
projects, but is it the best startegy ?

wdyt ?

Re: [Fortress] Release preparation

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/03/15 14:25, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On Mar 30, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Agreed.  This should be possible with core and realm but not the web and rest components.  I will get these last two projects fixed today.
> Hi, this work has been completed.  Thanks

great.

I'll work on the release now.

For the moment, I'll make it so each of the 4 fortress projects are
released separately, just to be sure we get everything working
atomically. Later one, we can create a parent project and move the
release to tgis parent.

Re: [Fortress] Release preparation

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Mar 30, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Agreed.  This should be possible with core and realm but not the web and rest components.  I will get these last two projects fixed today.

Hi, this work has been completed.  Thanks

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org

Re: [Fortress] Release preparation

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 10:37 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just did a quick experiment with core and a distribution package, plus
> a parent project : works like a charm. The only pb is that we have to
> create a new git repo.

Understand the need for the distribution package but can’t it be combined with the parent parent project?

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org

Re: [Fortress] Release preparation

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 8:34 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1 for 3rd option, it has been working well for us in DS and other projects

+1 on the 3rd option for parent project.

Re: [Fortress] Release preparation

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari