Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Marcos Lolis <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/23 19:38:17 UTC

UTF-8 Support

Hi, i'm new to Apache archiva, so i'm try to get it working in my Company
for maven repository management.

I download the 1-2-M1 war, and run it on a tomcat-6.0.18, after all the
steps to get it working, all runs fine, except character encoding, When the
name of a user is show for example or in description fileds, i introduce
ISO-8859-1 character so i'm spanish and isn't working áéíóú are not show in
this fiels, in the place of this the string are split and a ? appears.

I don't know how this can happend in ISO-8859-1 encoding. These chars is
suppoted in this encoding.

Anybody can point me how can i trace the problem, or are any plan to support
better character encoding in future releases.

I test this on Linux and Window$ with Firefox and IE and i can't get áéíóúñ
chars in this fields.

Regards.