Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Cheryl <kh...@twc.com> on 2015/12/15 03:10:28 UTC

Page Numbering in OpenOffice

To whom it may concern,

I'm very disappointed with OpenOffice.  I thought it would be easy, but
it isn't.  I am having problems with page numbering.  I've tried
everything and nothing seems to work.

Page is easy in MS Word.  I want to be able to in OpenOffice insert page
numbers either footer or header ( I prefer header) with even pages on
the left and odd pages on the right, and not showing number 1 on page
1.  I want to show on the second page number 2 followed by number 3, 4,
and so on.  But that's not happening.

Like I said before, it's not doing that.  I very aggravated and
frustrated with OpenOffice.  I want to continue using it, but need
help.  I've gone on the Internet looking for answers.

Cheryl

Re: Page Numbering in OpenOffice

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Cheryl <kh...@twc.com>.
Thank you for replying so quickly. I didn't expect an answer this soon.
I did everything including going into OpenOffice but nothing seemed to
work.  However, I did find some notes I have about page numbering I
didn't think I had.  I found the notes after emailing the problem to you.

These are the instructions that are simple and easy to use:
Format/Page/Footers menu (I prefer Header). Click on Footer On. UNCLICK
Same content left/right.  On an even page click on Insert/Fields/Page
Number and align to the left.  On an odd page click on
Insert/Fields/Page Number and align to the right.  Of course, the
cursors have to be on the page you want them to be.  It works!!!!  You
can pass this on. Only thing is when you do the even pages, you have do
the Insert/Fields/Page Number for page 4.   After that, all even numbers
will appear and all of the page numbers are shown from there.

I didn't realize I had these notes from a while back.  But I found the
solution after trying for several days of copying, pasting, and printing
notes from the Internet.  Don't get me wrong.  I like OpenOffice and
have bragged to everyone about it.  I just want to  be able to do things
in OpenOffice as an alternative to MS Office.

A question I have for you.  You have to pay a subscription price to be
on the mailing list?

Thank you,

Cheryl

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.