Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Phillip Nicolson <pj...@star.le.ac.uk> on 2004/12/08 16:20:22 UTC

URL re-writing max length

Hi,

I am presently using cocoon with tomcat 5.0.19, and am occassionally
seeing the following problem:

I create a form, based upon various astronomical tools. Depending on the
chosen tool the form will have a number of parameter fields, which may
contain extremely long input values (references to locations of files on
a grid system for example). Once submitted the values are used in a
cocoon action.
I am starting to see a problem for a particular tool which has >20 input
parameters, each of which may be dozens of characters long. When this
occurs pressing the submit button has no effect as the form is never
submitted.
Before I go mad investigating this can anyone tell me if there is an
issue with URL lengths?

thanks

--
Phillip Nicolson
Department of Physics & Astronomy		Phone:	(0)116 2523581

Re: URL re-writing max length

Posted by Phillip Nicolson <pj...@star.le.ac.uk>.
Thanks,

solved it straight away (little embarrassed to not have spotted it
myself, but the system had been working as was for months!)

Re: URL re-writing max length

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.