Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Schild <ch...@corridortechnology.com> on 2003/01/23 23:35:18 UTC

Compile error: class file contains wrong class, bad class file???

Hi all, here is the error I get...
C:\Java\JCreator LE\MyProjects\Email\Email.java:16: cannot access ServletConfig
bad class file: C:\Java\servlet-2_3\javax\servlet\ServletConfig.class
class file contains wrong class: javax.servlet.ServletConfig
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.

  code:

   public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException                    ^1 error

I have searched for answer but I get nothing?!?
The classpath is set correctly - C:\Java\classes;C:\Java\javamail-1_3\mail.jar;C:\Java\jaf-1_0_2\activation.jar;C:\Java\servlet-2_3\javax\servlet;C:\Java\jsp-1_2\servlet.jar
I can't think of anything else....
Any suggestions?
Here is the code up to the error:

  code:

// import the JavaMail packagesimport javax.mail.*;import javax.mail.internet.*; // import the servlet packagesimport javax.servlet.*;import javax.servlet.http.*; // import misc classes that we needimport java.util.*;import java.io.*; public class Email extends HttpServlet {   String smtpServer;      public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException   {       super.init(config);              // get the SMTP server from the servlet properties       smtpServer = config.getInitParameter("smtpServer");   }      public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)                      throws ServletException, IOException   {I get this error whether it is from the DOS cmd line or from the case tool JCreator???Anybody know about this???

Re: Compile error: class file contains wrong class, bad class file???

Posted by Chris Schild <ch...@corridortechnology.com>.
Sorry, I figured it out.  When I installed the Tomcat directory under
Apache.  The compiler was picking up %tomcat_home%/servlet.jar instead of
the servlet2_03/servlet.jar defined in the classpath....
ooopsss.