Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Victor L <vl...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/25 17:17:27 UTC

lost messages -?

Can someone let me know how to dump contents of topics?
I have producers sending messages to 3 brokers but about half of them don't
seem to be consumed. I suppose they are getting stuck in queues but how can
i figure out where?
Thks,

Re: lost messages -?

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.
You can use the DumpLogSegment tool.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

--
-Regards,
Mayuresh R. Gharat

Re: lost messages -?

Posted by Harsha <ha...@fastmail.fm>.
Victor,
        Its under kaka.tools.DumpLogSegments you can use kafka-run-class to execute it.
--
Harsha

On March 26, 2015 at 5:29:32 AM, Victor L (vlyamtsev@gmail.com) wrote:

Where's this tool (DumpLogSegments) in Kafka distro? Is it Java class in
kafka jar, or is it third party binary?
Thank you,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Mayuresh Gharat <gharatmayuresh15@gmail.com

Re: lost messages -?

Posted by Victor L <vl...@gmail.com>.

Re: lost messages -?

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.

--
-Regards,
Mayuresh R. Gharat

Re: lost messages -?

Posted by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
You can use kafka-console-consumer consuming the topic from the beginning

*kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic test
--from-beginning*

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Victor L <vl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone let me know how to dump contents of topics?
> I have producers sending messages to 3 brokers but about half of them don't
> seem to be consumed. I suppose they are getting stuck in queues but how can
> i figure out where?
> Thks,

Tao