Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 20:31:39 UTC

Moving on

Hey everyone,

Wanted to let the community know that I'm moving on from Adobe. Tuesday
I'll be starting at Saucelabs, working on mobile automation on the R&D team.

My focus is going to shift away from cordova a little bit, but not
entirely. My plan is to be involved a lot more in cordova-medic moving
forward, but stepping away from the tooling (plugman + cli), JS, spec and
platform work.

As such, I'll be removing myself as "lead" in JIRA on the cordovaJS,
mobile-spec, cli and plugman components. If any committers want to step up
and take on a more involved role on those components, I'd recommend
assigning yourself as lead in JIRA to those, that's always an easy way to
be intimately familiar with issues coming down the pipeline :)

Looking forward to working more on medic with you all!

Cheers,
Fil

Re: Moving on

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Fil, you're a prolific coder, insightful, and a nice guy to work with. You will be missed. Best wishes for ya!

Re: Moving on

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.
I'll volunteer as the lead contact for CLI. I could do Plugman too, but I'm
not sure I'm the best choice.

Sad to see you go. Best of luck in the future, man.

Braden

RE: Moving on

Posted by Ken Wallis <kw...@blackberry.com>.
Sorry to see you go Fil, but really glad that you will still be involved. Best of luck with the new company!

--

Ken Wallis
Senior Product Manager – WebWorks

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Meh, its almost time for Free Beer Fridays, anyway ;)

-Michal

Re: Moving on

Posted by Kevin Whinnery <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hat tip Fil, excellent work on the tools.  Hope you love your new gig!

--
*
 Kevin Whinnery

Re: Moving on

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.
Good luck!!!

Re: Moving on

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Best of luck Fil!

Re: Moving on

Posted by James Jong <wj...@gmail.com>.
Best of luck Fil!  Glad to see you'll still be involved with Medic.

-James Jong

Re: Moving on

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Re: Moving on

Posted by Matt Lantz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Have an epic time at Saucelabs Fil, you will be missed.

Re: Moving on

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Oh that is low Michal ;)

Re: Moving on

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: Moving on

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Grateful for the time we worked together Fil. You're a helluva dev and your
ruthless dedication to shipping and testing has taught us all a lot about
what it takes to deliver quality software. It is a really key facet of
Cordova culture and you embodied it.

I know you will still keep us honest and look forward to seeing what you
and Sauce will bring to mobile. Thank you. :)

Re: Moving on

Posted by Max Woghiren <ma...@chromium.org>.
Best of luck, Fil!

Re: Moving on

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Best of luck dude!

Re: Moving on

Posted by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving on

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@google.com>.
Best of luck, Fil!

Re: Moving on

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Sad news - glad to hear that you're planning on sticking around with Medic
though.

All the best!

(I'll make myself lead for JS & mobile-spec)

Re: Moving on

Posted by Lucas Holmquist <lh...@redhat.com>.
good luck dude

RE: Moving on

Posted by "jbondc@openmv.com" <jb...@openmv.com>.
Thanks for all the work Fil,

Good to hear you'll still be part of the FancyPants release

Re: Moving on

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Best of luck Fil !!

It's cool to have a cordova advocate on souce labs.

Hopefully some day cordova wiik get some time of continues integration with
Travis CI and Opem Souce.

I heard they have cool Dev swag like shoes or something.

Keep in contact in the inner web :-)

--Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Moving on

Posted by Tim Kim <ti...@gmail.com>.
Fil, I still remember the times we were up late at night hacking away on
CMPT assignments. You turned out to be a hell of a coder!

Enjoy Saucelabs!

--
Timothy Kim

Re: Moving on

Posted by David Kemp <dr...@google.com>.

Re: Moving on

Posted by Tommy Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.
Noooooooooooooo!!!!

:*(

I mean, going to Saucelabs sounds awesome... congrats and stuff, but you
will be sorely missed, Fil.

I always fancied some future where I had more time and got to work more
closely with you on the cli.

Tell Sauce you need to come to Australia for... something...

Cheers and good luck,
- Tommy