Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/01 00:07:31 UTC

Incubator Board Report (February 2012)

Please review Wink February's draft board report at :

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Incubator Board Report (February 2012)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
>
>> What I was trying to mention is that, in the context of graduation, we
>> need "at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single
>> company or entity that is vital to the success of the project". We do
>> have it, but most of them became inactive last year. What you seem to
>> be saying is to don't count on those and only consider the active
>> committers as the dev community. Did I get it right ? Anyway, I'll
>> make the updates on the current report...
>
> Well, I was really trying to interpret the concern that Ant raised in the previous graduation discussion. I like the report in current form. I've signed off… Thanks Luciano!
>
> --kevan

"...talks had halted as one member has not agreed to proceed with
graduation..." thats a little harsh, I just questioned the level of
activity and said it would be an easier decision if Wink was more
active.

   ...ant

Re: Incubator Board Report (February 2012)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 31, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>>> Please review Wink February's draft board report at :
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012
>>
>> Thanks Luciano! I have one comment regarding:
>>
>> "Top issues before graduation:
>>
>> * Getting more active dev community"
>>
>> I think the specific issue is about the diversity/size of the active dev community. Slightly different than a "more active" dev community. IMO, the core issue isn't necessarily the level of activity, but the diversity/size doing the dev...
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> --kevan
>
> What I was trying to mention is that, in the context of graduation, we
> need "at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single
> company or entity that is vital to the success of the project". We do
> have it, but most of them became inactive last year. What you seem to
> be saying is to don't count on those and only consider the active
> committers as the dev community. Did I get it right ? Anyway, I'll
> make the updates on the current report...

BTW, could you please sign off as a mentor to the report.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
The report looks good.