Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/20 18:09:34 UTC

Content Based Router Query

Hi

The content based router does not appear to support the routing of a message
to a particular destination based on a call to an external API. The examples
I have looked at appear to support the routing of messages to a destination
based on the message content.

In a nutshell, I want to use a Content Based Router were the destination is
determined by making a call to an API. In other words, the API will return
"PATH1", "PATH2" etc which map to different destinations

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
Joe

Re: Content Based Router Query

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, you can call the external API in a processor to setup the headers which could be use by the recipient-list to implement the CBR.

--
Willem Jiang

FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes, the CBR is rightly based on content, I think you want the recipient list [1].
>
> [1] http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html

Yes that is a good EIP. There is also some of the dynamic ones like
dynamic router, routing slip etc.

> Taariq
>
> On 20 Aug 2012, at 18:09, gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The content based router does not appear to support the routing of a message
>> to a particular destination based on a call to an external API. The examples
>> I have looked at appear to support the routing of messages to a destination
>> based on the message content.
>>
>> In a nutshell, I want to use a Content Based Router were the destination is
>> determined by making a call to an API. In other words, the API will return
>> "PATH1", "PATH2" etc which map to different destinations
>>
>> Any help much appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>

>> --