Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/05 15:00:23 UTC

It is possible to use a dynamic query in entity from dataConfig???

Hi,

I have a database which has a table for each user(ex: table_name_user) and I
want to make an index for each user, but using the same dataconfig.xml. It
is possible to set dynamic the table used in query? I want to have only one
dataconfig file because I have more than 50 users so it will be easily to
modify only one file than 50 files if I want to change something in my
indexing process.

Do you know how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!!!

Re: It is possible to use a dynamic query in entity from dataConfig???

Posted by crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com>.
I found the solution. I will use multicore but all cores will have the same
instanceDir, so I will have only one configuration for all cores.
Thank you very much for your support!

Re: It is possible to use a dynamic query in entity from dataConfig???

Posted by crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com>.
The issue is that I don't want to have multiple schema.xml and solrconfig.xml
files. For a multicore implementation it is possible to use the same
solrconfig.xml and schema.xml files? All my cores will have the same
behaviour so, if I want to change something in future I want to be able to
do this by modifing only one file, not one file/core.

Re: It is possible to use a dynamic query in entity from dataConfig???

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM, crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As I said is working, but I'm blocked again. I wish to have for each user a
> different index in a different dataDir. There is a way to do this with only
> one application of solr and without using multicore option? Can I set to
> switch the index by the table name?
[...]

No, you would need to use multi-core. What is the issue in doing that?

Regards,
Gora

Re: It is possible to use a dynamic query in entity from dataConfig???

Posted by crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much.
It works.

Re: It is possible to use a dynamic query in entity from dataConfig???

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I have a database which has a table for each user(ex: table_name_user) and I
: want to make an index for each user, but using the same dataconfig.xml. It
: is possible to set dynamic the table used in query? I want to have only one
: dataconfig file because I have more than 50 users so it will be easily to
: modify only one file than 50 files if I want to change something in my
: indexing process.

You should be able to paramaterize hte table name in the SQL using a
request parameter...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Accessing_request_parameters

-Hoss