Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Vladimir Benes <vl...@pvt.cz> on 2000/11/16 15:01:39 UTC

general/6856: "ErrorDocument 404 /index.html" - correct but without POST data

>Number:         6856
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       "ErrorDocument 404 /index.html" - correct but without POST data
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
There is set "ErrorDocument 404 /index.html" at http.conf.

If document is not found, Apache correctly reads /index.html and transmit "GET" parameters but not "POST" ones to /index.html.

So if e.g. calling page includes <form method=put action=no_exists.html> then it works correctly but if includes <form method=post action=no_exists.html> then the form parameters are not processed in /index.html
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Set "ErrorDocument 404 /index.html" at http.conf.
2. Restart Apache.
3. Create html document test.html with form:
<form method=post action=no_exists_file>
  <input type=hidden name=my_param value="hello">
  <input type=submit>
</form>
4. Create html document "/index.html". This document will print attribut my_param.
5. Open test.html by Apache a submit form.
6. Apache will not write my_param value but if method of form is GET, it will works correctly.
>Fix:
Transfer both GET and POST parameters to document specified in "ErrorDocument" directive.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]