Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by JAKE WATSON <JA...@trendwest.com> on 2002/12/19 22:06:33 UTC

DailyRollingFileAppender & maxBackupIndex?

Apologies if this question has been answered/addressed previously--if it
was, I couldn't find it.

I'd like to start using the DailyRollingFileAppender, but I'd also only like
to keep a week's worth of files (7 days, say).

It would be great if the DailyRollingFileAppender could take something like
the RollingFileAppender's maxBackupIndex, wouldn't it?

Can I achieve my goal using a different Appender? Is there a different
strategy that would work?

~tia

~*~The information in this electronic mail message is Trendwest Confidential
and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressees.
Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone else is
unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.