Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steven Banks <SD...@vac-acc.gc.ca> on 2002/03/26 16:20:17 UTC

Installation on OS-390 and Websphere 3.5.3: 503 Error

I am having problem running a Struts Application on the OS/390.  The web application starts up correctly, but when I load any URL for the Web App, the message 503 Error "Application is currently unavailable for service" is displayed.

I am following the directions as per configuring Struts for WAS 3.5 on OS/390.  Currently we are not using the struts jar, but have been compiling the code and then restarting the web application with many additional System.out.println messages.  We found some problems with the classpath and picking up the wrong SAX parser, but it is now correct.

I noticed in the installation notes for struts on WAS on windows 2000 mentions that if you get this message, you should restart the web application and tried to do that, but was told you cannot restart an individual web application on the mainframe version of WAS.

We have changed all permissions in the web site to 777 and have double checked that the myapp.webapp file is stored in EBCDIC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven Banks
902-368-0566