Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brandon Fosdick <bf...@bfoz.net> on 2005/07/31 06:30:23 UTC

mod_dav.h use of namespace token

I'm writing a provider module for mod_dav in C++ and I ran into a little surprise when I included mod_dav.h. If appears the header makes use of the C++ reserved token "namespace" on lines 123 and 145. Naturally that causes a bit of a problem.

Would it be possible to have this changed to something else, perhaps "name_space"?
Is this something I should file a bug report for?

Changing line 123 might cause a bit of breakage because the problem is a structure member that's named namespace. But its commented as optional, so it might not be too bad. Plus, I can't find any mention of it anywhere else in the httpd source.

Line 145 shouldn't be a problem since its a just named argument in a function prototype.

Thanks