Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2008/08/26 09:34:33 UTC

Firefox 3 support / dateup of Supported Platforms sheet?

Hi everyone,

a click on the link to lookup the supported platforms

http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/release-notes.html#Supported%20Platforms

only reveals some rather out-of-date information e.g. it says FF 1.0.x is
supported but nothing on FF 2.x . Is it planned to update this sheet?

Particularly, we would like to know the support of Firefox 3 (FF 3). As
can be seen, some people already have observed a number of
incompatibilities.

So would it be better to stay with FF 2 ?

Thanks a lot for any hints or any information !

Best wishes
Wolfgang

Re: Firefox 3 support / dateup of Supported Platforms sheet?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:34 AM,  <wo...@pta.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> a click on the link to lookup the supported platforms
>
> http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/release-notes.html#Supported%20Platforms
>
> only reveals some rather out-of-date information e.g. it says FF 1.0.x is
> supported but nothing on FF 2.x . Is it planned to update this sheet?

that page is legacy :-)
Most of us (those that work on Trinidad) use IE7 and FF2 (for some reasons...)

> Particularly, we would like to know the support of Firefox 3 (FF 3). As can
> be seen, some people already have observed a number of incompatibilities.

some of us recently update their system to "test" things with FF3

> So would it be better to stay with FF 2 ?

I think for now... it is fine when it stays at FF2 level.

Even when I now update the wiki, that really doesn't mean
that 100% if fine in FF2 (FF3)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf